Saturday, 20 June 2009

Next Chapter


So this is my last weekend in London (for the mean time anyway) and it's funny looking back.

Part of me feels I've been here for ages but then another part of me feels like I only just got here. It'll be interesting how the time I've spent here will fit into my life overall as I look back at it.

There are a lot of things here I am very thankful for. I've been lucky enough to do a job that I've enjoyed (for most of the time anyway) and I'm very proud to have worked on Secret Diary and looking forward to it airing (ITV2 this Autumn - stay tuned guys!)

The biggest things for me now as I prepare to move back is the sense that I am a little scared of moving back.

It's almost as if I'm starting again and it is a bit of a gamble - I would be able to find work in London within a couple of weeks - whereas Scotland is a bit of an unknown quantity. I could find work relatively quickly but I suspect it'll take a couple of months at least. I have a feeling I am going to go out of my mind with boredom. As a result I am compiling a list of things I want to do while I have spare time and a small amount of spare cash.

- Do a stand-up comedy routine. Probably at the Stand in Glasgow.
- Get a tattoo - inspired by Tom McRae.
- Go to France - to visit Angus at his Vineyard.
- Start running - like long-distance jogging.
- Make another short film - I've been working on a script about a prostitute, I've obviously got them on the brain now!

As well as being a bit scared though I am also quite excited. I'm excited about rekindling old friendships and spending the summer doing the things I couldn't do whilst in London like hang out in Kelvingrove park drinking cider or having BBQ on the banks of Loch Lomond. Those are the reasons I made the decision to come home and I'm going to love every second of it.

Work-wise only time will tell. I don't want to give up working in TV and hopefully I wont have to as things are getting better in terms of programmes being made in Scotland. Then again if I can't find TV work I'm sure I can find something else which will make me happy. The plan is to move to Edinburgh for a short while as i look for work then to move to Glasgow - hopefully to the flat on Sauchiehall St, failing that somewhere else.

Only time will tell....only time will tell - sounds like a great life-philosophy, I feel like a passenger at the moment not really in control but at least I'm happy.

Over and Ooot

No comments:

Post a Comment